Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Television gets stranger



Unlike far too many paid pundits, I've avoided making any comparisons between the democratic election process Canada is now engaged in, and the phone survey held by CTV for their pop Idol competion. I've avoided it, but the show's genial yet grating host, coincidentally the son of a past Prime Minister, could not. In the middle of an extended parliamentary metaphor to introduce the competition judges:



Do you rememebr the GST? This guy invented it .... Zack Warner!
Dude! Seriously? Are you hoping no one at all will vote Conservative ever again? Because, you know, the Liberals already have an ad on during your show reminding viewers of your father's legacy.



I know he's not running for anything, but I want to give this guy gaffe points just on principle.

No comments: