Welcome to the second, less frequently-posted decade of RevMod.

Contact me at revmod AT gmail.

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Thank goodness for this



August found me a more complete scorecard than the simple civilian death count to the left.



I am the first to admit, there are almost certainly going to be civilian deaths during even the most morally justifiable and carefully executed war. Because it's, you know... a war. So we need more information to really make the "was it worth it?" calculus. Current score:



Bombs dropped: 22400

Civilian casualties: 725 (I see they're using the high estimate from the body count)

Oil wells aflame: 2

Leaflets dropped: 35,300,000

Coalition fatalities: 83

WMD sites uncovered: 0

Iraq soldiers surrendered: 5200



There's also a map of territorial control. Bookmark it... it'll save you hours and hours of CNN. In the meantime, I'm going to add a link right below the body count.

No comments: